SMF stands for Session Management Function .The SMF hosts the following main functions:
- Session Management;
- UE IP address allocation and management;
- Selection and control of UP function;
- Configures traffic steering at UPF to route traffic to proper destination;
- Control part of policy enforcement and QoS;
- Downlink Data Notification.
To contribute :
If you like Advance Computing and would like to contribute, you can mail your article to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. You will get credit as your name , email id, designation with article on this blog.
3GPP TS 38.300 Rel 15 Ver 3.1.0