AMF stands for Access and Mobility Management function. The AMF hosts the following main functions (see 3GPP TS 23.501 ):
- NAS signalling termination
- NAS signalling security
- AS Security control
- Inter CN node signalling for mobility between 3GPP access networks
- Idle mode UE Reachability (including control and execution of paging re-transmission)
- Registration Area management
- Support of intra-system and inter-system mobility
- Access Authentication
- Access Authorization including check of roaming rights
- Mobility management control (subscription and policies)
- Support of Network Slicing
- SMF selection.
If you like Advance Computing and would like to contribute, you can mail your article to “email@example.com”. You will get credit as your name , email id, designation with article on this blog.
3GPP TS 38.300 Rel 15 Ver 15.3.1